The Wheels that Care program mobilizes volunteers to provide transportation for homebound and disabled older adults to doctor’s appointments, pharmacy, grocery store and beauty shop appointments. Wheels That Care allows older adults to remain independent and in the home, as well as meeting their appointment dates and times.
There is an intake process that must be completed before transportation is provided. Contact Deb Dickinson to learn more.
GEOGRAPHIC SERVICE AREA
- Participants must reside in the service area (31st to 85th Streets, Troost Avenue to State Line Road)
- Medical appointments can be outside of the service area.
- All other appointments (grocery shopping, banking, hair styling, etc.) must be within the service area.
ACTUAL SERVICES OFFERED
- Transportation provided door to door by volunteers
QUALIFICATIONS TO USE SERVICES
- Adults age 60+
- Physically able to get into and out of vehicle with minimal assistance
- Reside in the service area (31st to 85th Streets, Troost Avenue to State Line Road)
VOLUNTEER ROLE OPPORTUNITIES
- Drive older adults to medical appointment, grocery shopping, bank, beauty shop, etc.
816-444-1121 ext 103